Man gets 5-year jail in rash driving case in Mumbai
Thane: A local court has sentenced a 26-year old man holding him responsible for the death of a woman, who was run over by the bus he was driving.
The court found him guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
The incident had taken place in April 2011 in Bhayander. The victim Raziya Choudhary was killed due to rash driving of the accused Ramkishor Gangaram Pandhro, who had been immediately nabbed and handed over to police.
The court has also sentenced him to varying prison terms for not possessing valid licence at the time of incident and also for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption