Man gets 5-year jail in rash driving case in Mumbai
Thane: A local court has sentenced a 26-year old man holding him responsible for the death of a woman, who was run over by the bus he was driving.
The court found him guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
The incident had taken place in April 2011 in Bhayander. The victim Raziya Choudhary was killed due to rash driving of the accused Ramkishor Gangaram Pandhro, who had been immediately nabbed and handed over to police.
The court has also sentenced him to varying prison terms for not possessing valid licence at the time of incident and also for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review