Man gets 5-year jail in rash driving case in Mumbai
Thane: A local court has sentenced a 26-year old man holding him responsible for the death of a woman, who was run over by the bus he was driving.
The court found him guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
The incident had taken place in April 2011 in Bhayander. The victim Raziya Choudhary was killed due to rash driving of the accused Ramkishor Gangaram Pandhro, who had been immediately nabbed and handed over to police.
The court has also sentenced him to varying prison terms for not possessing valid licence at the time of incident and also for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened