Man succumbs to H1N1 in Nashik
Nashik: A 34-year-old man has died of swine
flu at the district civil hospital here, hospital authorities
Nabdy Dattu Chavan, from Anjaneri village in Trimbakeshwar
taluka here, was admitted to the hospital with H1N1 flu
symptoms on April 1 and died a few hours later, civil surgeon
Dr B D Pawar said.
Samples of Chavan and three others, admitted in the
facility with the disease symptoms, were later sent to the
National Institute of Virology in Pune.
All including the deceased tested positive and condition
of one of the patients is critical, he said.
The infected persons have been kept in an isolated ward,
Maharashtra has reported more than half a dozen deaths due
to swine flu in 2012 so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand