Man succumbs to H1N1 in Nashik
Nashik: A 34-year-old man has died of swine
flu at the district civil hospital here, hospital authorities
Nabdy Dattu Chavan, from Anjaneri village in Trimbakeshwar
taluka here, was admitted to the hospital with H1N1 flu
symptoms on April 1 and died a few hours later, civil surgeon
Dr B D Pawar said.
Samples of Chavan and three others, admitted in the
facility with the disease symptoms, were later sent to the
National Institute of Virology in Pune.
All including the deceased tested positive and condition
of one of the patients is critical, he said.
The infected persons have been kept in an isolated ward,
Maharashtra has reported more than half a dozen deaths due
to swine flu in 2012 so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145