Mantralaya fire: ‘Maha govt must accept responsibility’
Shirdi (Maha): Senior Shiv Sena leader Ramdas Kadam on Sunday held "callous" attitude of Maharashtra government responsible for the massive blaze at Mantralaya in Mumbai that claimed five lives.
"The fire-fighting system at Mantralaya was closed, while the fire hoses were not connected to the underground water tanks. Moreover, fire could not be brought under control even ten hours after it was started," he told reporters here.
He was speaking to reporters after taking darshan of Sai Baba.
Kadam said the image of Maharashtra has taken a severe beating due to inept Congress-led government.
The Shiv Sena leader said the state government must step down accepting the responsibility of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report