Mantralaya fire: ‘Maha govt must accept responsibility’
Shirdi (Maha): Senior Shiv Sena leader Ramdas Kadam on Sunday held "callous" attitude of Maharashtra government responsible for the massive blaze at Mantralaya in Mumbai that claimed five lives.
"The fire-fighting system at Mantralaya was closed, while the fire hoses were not connected to the underground water tanks. Moreover, fire could not be brought under control even ten hours after it was started," he told reporters here.
He was speaking to reporters after taking darshan of Sai Baba.
Kadam said the image of Maharashtra has taken a severe beating due to inept Congress-led government.
The Shiv Sena leader said the state government must step down accepting the responsibility of the accident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference