Mantralaya fire: ‘Maha govt must accept responsibility’
Shirdi (Maha): Senior Shiv Sena leader Ramdas Kadam on Sunday held "callous" attitude of Maharashtra government responsible for the massive blaze at Mantralaya in Mumbai that claimed five lives.
"The fire-fighting system at Mantralaya was closed, while the fire hoses were not connected to the underground water tanks. Moreover, fire could not be brought under control even ten hours after it was started," he told reporters here.
He was speaking to reporters after taking darshan of Sai Baba.
Kadam said the image of Maharashtra has taken a severe beating due to inept Congress-led government.
The Shiv Sena leader said the state government must step down accepting the responsibility of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...