Mantralaya under surveillance of 64 CCTV cameras
Mumbai: In order to strengthen security
after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, Maharashtra government has decided to install Close Circuit TV cameras in Mantralaya,
the state secretariat.
"Altogether 64 CCTV cameras would be installed in the
premises of Mantralaya," a senior official from Home
The CCTVs are being installed at all the gates of the
Mantralaya, corridors and the surrounding area to monitor
visitors and any suspicious activity, the official said.
The measure comes after last year`s terror strikes,
during which two terrorists also came near Mantralaya area
after attacking the crowded at CST railway station.
The main areas of Mantralya already have CCTV cameras,
including outside the Chief Minister and the Chief Secretary`s
cabin. However, the government wants that the entire Mantralaya
should come under surveillance, the official said.
The footage in those CCTV cameras would be supervised
in the control room of the Mantralaya by security officials.
A proposal was also mooted by the government to
install 5,000 CCTV cameras in major areas of the city after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'