Mantralaya under surveillance of 64 CCTV cameras
Mumbai: In order to strengthen security
after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, Maharashtra government has decided to install Close Circuit TV cameras in Mantralaya,
the state secretariat.
"Altogether 64 CCTV cameras would be installed in the
premises of Mantralaya," a senior official from Home
The CCTVs are being installed at all the gates of the
Mantralaya, corridors and the surrounding area to monitor
visitors and any suspicious activity, the official said.
The measure comes after last year`s terror strikes,
during which two terrorists also came near Mantralaya area
after attacking the crowded at CST railway station.
The main areas of Mantralya already have CCTV cameras,
including outside the Chief Minister and the Chief Secretary`s
cabin. However, the government wants that the entire Mantralaya
should come under surveillance, the official said.
The footage in those CCTV cameras would be supervised
in the control room of the Mantralaya by security officials.
A proposal was also mooted by the government to
install 5,000 CCTV cameras in major areas of the city after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam