Mantralaya under surveillance of 64 CCTV cameras
Mumbai: In order to strengthen security
after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, Maharashtra government has decided to install Close Circuit TV cameras in Mantralaya,
the state secretariat.
"Altogether 64 CCTV cameras would be installed in the
premises of Mantralaya," a senior official from Home
The CCTVs are being installed at all the gates of the
Mantralaya, corridors and the surrounding area to monitor
visitors and any suspicious activity, the official said.
The measure comes after last year`s terror strikes,
during which two terrorists also came near Mantralaya area
after attacking the crowded at CST railway station.
The main areas of Mantralya already have CCTV cameras,
including outside the Chief Minister and the Chief Secretary`s
cabin. However, the government wants that the entire Mantralaya
should come under surveillance, the official said.
The footage in those CCTV cameras would be supervised
in the control room of the Mantralaya by security officials.
A proposal was also mooted by the government to
install 5,000 CCTV cameras in major areas of the city after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray