Maoists strike again, 7 security men injured in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A day after killing at least four police personnel, Maoists again struck in the dense forests of eatern Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district Tuesday morning and injured seven security personnel, police said.
According to reports reaching the district headquarters here, a police van was ambushed and blown up with a mine near Tallewada, around 130 km from here, said Chandan Bavne, an official in the Anti-Maoist Squad control room.
At least seven security personnel were injured in the landmine blast. They have been rushed to hospitals in the vicinity, Bavne said. The condition of at least two is reported to be critical.
The incident came barely 15 hours after a group of Maoists ripped a police jeep near Permili village and left at least five security personnel dead Monday evening.
A fierce gunfight was continuing in the forests between the security forces and the Maoists, details of which were not immediately available.
Meanwhile, the bodies of four of the security personnel killed in Monday`s attack were brought to the district headquarters, he added.
The personnel were: Central Reserve Police Force inspector Nivrutti Jadhav (45), CRPF constable Anand Patil (22), and state police sub-inspectors Shashi More (31) and Mahendra Nalpul (35).
Two others who were injured in the attack, including a police personnel and a police driver, are reported to be serious and undergoing treatment, Gadchiroli police control said.
Top officials of the district police, the CRPF and Anti-Maoist Squad have been stationed in the area to help counter the resurgence of Maoist unrest in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal