Minor girl raped; woman held for abetment
Thane: A 13 year old girl from Shil-Daighar in Thane district has been raped, police said on Saturday.
One 22-year-old woman has been arrested for alleged abetment to rape while the main accused, identified as Mahadu Rathod, is absconding, police said adding the incident had taken place on February 26 in a slum colony in Kausa.
According to Police Inspector (Crime) Gauriprasad C Hiremath of Shil-Diaghar police station, the arrested woman Laxmi Baban Rathod had taken the victim to her house on the pretext of giving her a job of cutting logs of woods.
"However, when the girl entered the house she asked her to get some water to drink. When the girl went in, the lady locked the door from outside. Inside the room, there was a man who raped her," he said.
However, the girl later managed to escape from his clutches and lodged a complaint.
The duo have been charged under sections 376 (rape) as well as the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act of 2012, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'