Minor girl raped; woman held for abetment
Thane: A 13 year old girl from Shil-Daighar in Thane district has been raped, police said on Saturday.
One 22-year-old woman has been arrested for alleged abetment to rape while the main accused, identified as Mahadu Rathod, is absconding, police said adding the incident had taken place on February 26 in a slum colony in Kausa.
According to Police Inspector (Crime) Gauriprasad C Hiremath of Shil-Diaghar police station, the arrested woman Laxmi Baban Rathod had taken the victim to her house on the pretext of giving her a job of cutting logs of woods.
"However, when the girl entered the house she asked her to get some water to drink. When the girl went in, the lady locked the door from outside. Inside the room, there was a man who raped her," he said.
However, the girl later managed to escape from his clutches and lodged a complaint.
The duo have been charged under sections 376 (rape) as well as the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act of 2012, police added.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar
- SC rejects TRAI's plea on IUC case from Gujarat High Court to Delhi HC
- Chairman Hamid Ansari asks TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Roy to leave Rajya Sabha – Know why
- Maruti Suzuki sales jump 13% in April at 1,26,569 units
- PHOTO: Mumbai Indians' Jonty Rhodes in 'Pujari' avatar