Mirge`s remarks on women and rape `insensitive`: Praful Patel
New Delhi: NCP on Wednesday disassociated itself from the remarks on women and rape made by a member of Maharashtra Commission for Women belonging to the party, saying they are "insensitive".
"The person concerned who has made such a statement is insensitive, has no business to do it and does not belong to the NCP (Nationalist Congress Party) in any capacity for us to react and take notice of," NCP leader and Union Minister Praful Patel said here.
"I am hearing her name (Asha Mirge) for the first time that I should react to somebody who claims to be from my party. If at all somebody has made such an insensitive statement, we will take action if the person belongs to our party," he added.
Dr Asha Mirge, a gynaecologist from Akola, had said girls should be mindful of their body language and attire so as not to invite the attention of potential rapists and asked why the Delhi gang-rape victim went out for a late night movie show.
Mirge spoke at NCP`s youth wing convention in Nagpur yesterday where she shared the dais with party chief Sharad Pawar`s MP daughter Supriya Sule.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India