Mirge`s remarks on women and rape `insensitive`: Praful Patel
New Delhi: NCP on Wednesday disassociated itself from the remarks on women and rape made by a member of Maharashtra Commission for Women belonging to the party, saying they are "insensitive".
"The person concerned who has made such a statement is insensitive, has no business to do it and does not belong to the NCP (Nationalist Congress Party) in any capacity for us to react and take notice of," NCP leader and Union Minister Praful Patel said here.
"I am hearing her name (Asha Mirge) for the first time that I should react to somebody who claims to be from my party. If at all somebody has made such an insensitive statement, we will take action if the person belongs to our party," he added.
Dr Asha Mirge, a gynaecologist from Akola, had said girls should be mindful of their body language and attire so as not to invite the attention of potential rapists and asked why the Delhi gang-rape victim went out for a late night movie show.
Mirge spoke at NCP`s youth wing convention in Nagpur yesterday where she shared the dais with party chief Sharad Pawar`s MP daughter Supriya Sule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...