MNS workers again vandalise toll booth in Thane
Zee Media Bureau
Thane: Workers of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on Thursday vandalised a toll booth here after an argument with employees stationed at the Kharegaon barrier here.
Reports claimed that MNS workers were angered after a toll attendant refused to let MNS leader Kshagupta Pimple`s car pass without paying the stipulated tariff.
The attendant allegedly also told Pimple that he didn`t know who Raj Thackeray was.
Pimple is the vice-president of Kalyan unit of MNS and was on her way to Kalwa police station to lodge her complaint for the loss of her mobile phone, sources said.
MNS workers then went on a rampage attacking the toll booth and vandalising vehicles stationed there.
The MNS has been at loggerheads with the state government over the collection of toll tax across highways in the state. And earlier, the Maharashtra government had said that it was mulling the option of attaching Thackeray`s property to recover the cost of damage caused by party activists when they vandalize toll booths across the state.
Home Minister RR Patil said the government may recover the cost by attaching properties owned by Raj.
MNS workers have gone on the rampage, vandalising toll plazas in different parts of the state following party chief`s diktat not to pay the levy and "thrash" those who raise a voice against it.
Raj Thackeray topped up with a direct threat. He warned of "wreaking havoc" at houses of toll contractors who use force to collect the levy.
"I appeal to people of Maharashtra not to pay toll till the state government implements changes in the toll policy," Raj told.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers