MNS workers again vandalise toll booth in Thane
Zee Media Bureau
Thane: Workers of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on Thursday vandalised a toll booth here after an argument with employees stationed at the Kharegaon barrier here.
Reports claimed that MNS workers were angered after a toll attendant refused to let MNS leader Kshagupta Pimple`s car pass without paying the stipulated tariff.
The attendant allegedly also told Pimple that he didn`t know who Raj Thackeray was.
Pimple is the vice-president of Kalyan unit of MNS and was on her way to Kalwa police station to lodge her complaint for the loss of her mobile phone, sources said.
MNS workers then went on a rampage attacking the toll booth and vandalising vehicles stationed there.
The MNS has been at loggerheads with the state government over the collection of toll tax across highways in the state. And earlier, the Maharashtra government had said that it was mulling the option of attaching Thackeray`s property to recover the cost of damage caused by party activists when they vandalize toll booths across the state.
Home Minister RR Patil said the government may recover the cost by attaching properties owned by Raj.
MNS workers have gone on the rampage, vandalising toll plazas in different parts of the state following party chief`s diktat not to pay the levy and "thrash" those who raise a voice against it.
Raj Thackeray topped up with a direct threat. He warned of "wreaking havoc" at houses of toll contractors who use force to collect the levy.
"I appeal to people of Maharashtra not to pay toll till the state government implements changes in the toll policy," Raj told.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof