Modi to hold rally in Wardha on March 20
Nagpur: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address a public rally in Wardha city on March 20 and hold a `Chai Pe Charcha` with villagers in Yavatmal where the recent untimely rains and hailstorm have damaged crops.
"Modi will be arriving in Wardha on March 20 to address his first election rally in Vidarbha region where the party has fielded former two-term MLC Ramdas Tadas," state BJP unit president Devendra Phadanvis said.
Tadas is pitted against Sagar Meghe of Congress. He had once worked with Sagar`s father Datta Meghe when both were in NCP. Datta Meghe, the sitting Wardha Congress MP, has opted out of the race in favour of his son.
On the evening of March 20, Modi will visit Dabhadi village in Yavatmal where crops were badly damaged due to untimely rains and hailstorm. He will participate in the `Chai Par Charcha` (discussion over tea) with the villagers, Phadnavis said.
Sitting Shiv Sena MP Bhawana Gawali is contesting from Yavatmal Lok Sabha Constituency.
Modi`s itinerary for Nagpur city, where the RSS has its headquarters, is yet to be finalised, Phadnavis said.
At present there is no word about his visit to RSS heaquarters here or any possible meeting with the Sangh leadership, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre