MPCC to suspend Gidwani
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Wednesday decided to suspend party leader Kanaiyalal Gidwani, who was arrested for bribing a CBI
official to dilute charges against him in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre told reporters that he had issued the necessary instructions on Wednesday.
"The process will be completed in a day or two," he said. "He (Gidwani) was stripped of all posts after his name cropped up in the Adarsh Housing scam," he added.
Claiming to have foiled a conspiracy to bribe public servants for diluting charges in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing Society scam, the CBI yesterday arrested its own
lawyer and former Congress MLC Gidwani, who was already an accused in the case.
On possible emerging political permutations and combinations in the state with MNS supporting the Sena-BJP for the Mayor and ZP president`s elections, Thakre said the
Congress was not surprised with MNS` move.
"When Raj Thackeray set up his new political outfit, people thought he was trying to do something and give a new political thought and vision. People supported him because they thought he would be different," he said.
"However, the change could be seen only in the name of the party (Navnirman) and the colour of the flag. Now, he is back to square one where he belongs. He supported his parent party post elections in Ambernath, and Kalyan-Dombivali civic
bodies and now in Thane," he added.
Thakre claimed that the Congress had nothing to worry over the changing equations between the Sena and MNS. Thakre said a delegation of the state Congress had met Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan last night to demand lifting of the ban on cotton exports.
"Chavan informed us that he will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and make a representation in this regard," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks