MPCC to suspend Gidwani
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Wednesday decided to suspend party leader Kanaiyalal Gidwani, who was arrested for bribing a CBI
official to dilute charges against him in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre told reporters that he had issued the necessary instructions on Wednesday.
"The process will be completed in a day or two," he said. "He (Gidwani) was stripped of all posts after his name cropped up in the Adarsh Housing scam," he added.
Claiming to have foiled a conspiracy to bribe public servants for diluting charges in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing Society scam, the CBI yesterday arrested its own
lawyer and former Congress MLC Gidwani, who was already an accused in the case.
On possible emerging political permutations and combinations in the state with MNS supporting the Sena-BJP for the Mayor and ZP president`s elections, Thakre said the
Congress was not surprised with MNS` move.
"When Raj Thackeray set up his new political outfit, people thought he was trying to do something and give a new political thought and vision. People supported him because they thought he would be different," he said.
"However, the change could be seen only in the name of the party (Navnirman) and the colour of the flag. Now, he is back to square one where he belongs. He supported his parent party post elections in Ambernath, and Kalyan-Dombivali civic
bodies and now in Thane," he added.
Thakre claimed that the Congress had nothing to worry over the changing equations between the Sena and MNS. Thakre said a delegation of the state Congress had met Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan last night to demand lifting of the ban on cotton exports.
"Chavan informed us that he will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and make a representation in this regard," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport