Mumbai bank heist: Sketches of robbers being made
Mumbai: Sketches of bank robbers based on
CCTV footages and eyewitness statements were being prepared by
the police, a day after the daring daylight robbery here.
Five robbers armed with revolvers and choppers barged
into Borivali branch of HDFC bank yesterday and decamped with
Rs 26 lakh after holding the employees, including a security
guard, at gun point.
"We are going through the CCTV footage which has
captured the face of one of the accused clearly. The remaining
four accused had covered their face with masks so we are now
preparing their sketches on the basis of eyewitness accounts,"
senior inspector Bhagwan Chate said.
According to eyewitnesses, the five crossed the road
and walked away after robbing the bank.
The robbers entered the bank at 0920 hours yesterday
and pointed a revolver at the security guard before snatching
his gun. Everyone was ordered to switch their cellphones off
and not raise an alarm.
They then directed the cashier to withdraw all the
money and give it to them. Though a staffer tried to press the
alarm twice, it did not function, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family