Mumbai bank heist: Sketches of robbers being made
Mumbai: Sketches of bank robbers based on
CCTV footages and eyewitness statements were being prepared by
the police, a day after the daring daylight robbery here.
Five robbers armed with revolvers and choppers barged
into Borivali branch of HDFC bank yesterday and decamped with
Rs 26 lakh after holding the employees, including a security
guard, at gun point.
"We are going through the CCTV footage which has
captured the face of one of the accused clearly. The remaining
four accused had covered their face with masks so we are now
preparing their sketches on the basis of eyewitness accounts,"
senior inspector Bhagwan Chate said.
According to eyewitnesses, the five crossed the road
and walked away after robbing the bank.
The robbers entered the bank at 0920 hours yesterday
and pointed a revolver at the security guard before snatching
his gun. Everyone was ordered to switch their cellphones off
and not raise an alarm.
They then directed the cashier to withdraw all the
money and give it to them. Though a staffer tried to press the
alarm twice, it did not function, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'