Mumbai court rejects Hasan Ali`s bail application again
Mumbai: Observing that there was prima facie evidence against Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan who is facing charges of money-laundering and stashing huge amount of black money abroad, the sessions court here on Thursday rejected his bail application.
Judge Swapna Joshi refused bail to Khan -- accused among other things of having USD 8 billion in Union Bank of Switzerland -- as Enforcement Directorate (ED) said there was overwhelming evidence against him in the case under Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Khan`s lawyer advocate Amit Desai argued that ED had suppressed certain important documents from the court, which would have proved that the charges were baseless and he had never laundered money.
ED`s lawyer, advocate Ujjwal Nikam, denied this allegation.
Khan had obtained five passports in different names and had transacted huge amounts in Swiss banks. There was a possibility that he may abscond if granted bail, Nikam said.
Khan is also under the scanner for alleged terror links, as he is suspected to have laundered money of international arms trader Adnan Khashoggi.
Khan`s earlier bail application had been rejected by the sessions court last year, after which he got bail from the Bombay High Court. However, Supreme Court later cancelled it.
This time he had sought bail on the ground of the alleged suppression of documents by ED.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!