Mumbai: FIR against ACP for alleged rape
Mumbai: In an unprecedented incident, an FIR has been registered against Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole on Tuesday for allegedly raping a middle-aged woman from Kurla.
The middle-aged woman, a resident of Kurla, has said in her complaint that some eight months ago he had entered into her house when her husband was out and offered her sweets following which she fell unconscious.
When she regained her consciousness Mahabole showed her an MMS clip showing her in compromising position with him. The ordeal didn’t stop here and the ACP continuously blackmailed her threatening to make the video public and continued to rape her for eight months.
Unable to bear the trauma, the woman wrote a letter to higher officials of the police department following which an inquiry was conducted and the FIR was registered.
Interestingly, Anil Mahabole was also questioned last year in connection with the killing of journalist J Dey, who worked with the leading daily Mid Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing