Mumbai: FIR against ACP for alleged rape
Mumbai: In an unprecedented incident, an FIR has been registered against Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole on Tuesday for allegedly raping a middle-aged woman from Kurla.
The middle-aged woman, a resident of Kurla, has said in her complaint that some eight months ago he had entered into her house when her husband was out and offered her sweets following which she fell unconscious.
When she regained her consciousness Mahabole showed her an MMS clip showing her in compromising position with him. The ordeal didn’t stop here and the ACP continuously blackmailed her threatening to make the video public and continued to rape her for eight months.
Unable to bear the trauma, the woman wrote a letter to higher officials of the police department following which an inquiry was conducted and the FIR was registered.
Interestingly, Anil Mahabole was also questioned last year in connection with the killing of journalist J Dey, who worked with the leading daily Mid Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?