Mumbai: FIR against ACP for alleged rape
Mumbai: In an unprecedented incident, an FIR has been registered against Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole on Tuesday for allegedly raping a middle-aged woman from Kurla.
The middle-aged woman, a resident of Kurla, has said in her complaint that some eight months ago he had entered into her house when her husband was out and offered her sweets following which she fell unconscious.
When she regained her consciousness Mahabole showed her an MMS clip showing her in compromising position with him. The ordeal didn’t stop here and the ACP continuously blackmailed her threatening to make the video public and continued to rape her for eight months.
Unable to bear the trauma, the woman wrote a letter to higher officials of the police department following which an inquiry was conducted and the FIR was registered.
Interestingly, Anil Mahabole was also questioned last year in connection with the killing of journalist J Dey, who worked with the leading daily Mid Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport