Mumbai: FIR against ACP for alleged rape
Mumbai: In an unprecedented incident, an FIR has been registered against Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole on Tuesday for allegedly raping a middle-aged woman from Kurla.
The middle-aged woman, a resident of Kurla, has said in her complaint that some eight months ago he had entered into her house when her husband was out and offered her sweets following which she fell unconscious.
When she regained her consciousness Mahabole showed her an MMS clip showing her in compromising position with him. The ordeal didn’t stop here and the ACP continuously blackmailed her threatening to make the video public and continued to rape her for eight months.
Unable to bear the trauma, the woman wrote a letter to higher officials of the police department following which an inquiry was conducted and the FIR was registered.
Interestingly, Anil Mahabole was also questioned last year in connection with the killing of journalist J Dey, who worked with the leading daily Mid Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why