Mumbai: FIR against ACP for alleged rape
Mumbai: In an unprecedented incident, an FIR has been registered against Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole on Tuesday for allegedly raping a middle-aged woman from Kurla.
The middle-aged woman, a resident of Kurla, has said in her complaint that some eight months ago he had entered into her house when her husband was out and offered her sweets following which she fell unconscious.
When she regained her consciousness Mahabole showed her an MMS clip showing her in compromising position with him. The ordeal didn’t stop here and the ACP continuously blackmailed her threatening to make the video public and continued to rape her for eight months.
Unable to bear the trauma, the woman wrote a letter to higher officials of the police department following which an inquiry was conducted and the FIR was registered.
Interestingly, Anil Mahabole was also questioned last year in connection with the killing of journalist J Dey, who worked with the leading daily Mid Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state