Narayan Rane assures full support to Chavan
Mumbai: Congress leader Narayan Rane on Friday
said the onus of taking corrective measures to improve the
party`s image after the Adarsh housing scam lays on all
workers and leaders.
Rane, who had been an aspirant for Chief Minister`s post,
was speaking at a felicitation function for the newly sworn-in
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan at Tilak Bhavan here.
He said the entire party in the state needs to boost
Chavan`s confidence with their solidarity and support to
ensure that he lives up to the expectations of the Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"It is our responsibility that he succeeds and we have
to strive for that," he said assuring the new Chief Minister
his full support.
Another Chief Ministerial aspirant and Union minister
Vilasrao Deshmukh said Chavan has been chosen to head the
state purely on his merits. "I feel so proud as a
Maharashtrian, when Chavan was lauded at the national
level for his efforts to pilot the nuclear civil liability
bill in Parliament by the treasury as well as the opposition
benches," he said.
Deshmukh said if Chavan could run the PMO for six years
efficiently including the all-important CBI, handling the
affairs of the state would be easier for him.
He rejected criticism that lack of experience of
Maharashtra politics would be Chavan`s handicap. "If he knew
what was happening in the entire country while in PMO, he
surely knows the developments in Maharashtra," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future