Narayan Rane assures full support to Chavan
Mumbai: Congress leader Narayan Rane on Friday
said the onus of taking corrective measures to improve the
party`s image after the Adarsh housing scam lays on all
workers and leaders.
Rane, who had been an aspirant for Chief Minister`s post,
was speaking at a felicitation function for the newly sworn-in
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan at Tilak Bhavan here.
He said the entire party in the state needs to boost
Chavan`s confidence with their solidarity and support to
ensure that he lives up to the expectations of the Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"It is our responsibility that he succeeds and we have
to strive for that," he said assuring the new Chief Minister
his full support.
Another Chief Ministerial aspirant and Union minister
Vilasrao Deshmukh said Chavan has been chosen to head the
state purely on his merits. "I feel so proud as a
Maharashtrian, when Chavan was lauded at the national
level for his efforts to pilot the nuclear civil liability
bill in Parliament by the treasury as well as the opposition
benches," he said.
Deshmukh said if Chavan could run the PMO for six years
efficiently including the all-important CBI, handling the
affairs of the state would be easier for him.
He rejected criticism that lack of experience of
Maharashtra politics would be Chavan`s handicap. "If he knew
what was happening in the entire country while in PMO, he
surely knows the developments in Maharashtra," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!