Naxal convicted, gets seven years in jail
Gadchiroli: A Naxal accused of involvement in attack on a police team in Bhamragarh tehsil in 2010 has been sentenced to seven years` imprisonment by the District Court here.
According to police, a shoot-out took place between the police and the Maoists in the forest between Pidmili and Piddur in on July 4, 2010 when the Special Anti-Naxal Squad and a team Cobra jawans were conducting a combing operation.
Bamu alias Monu Dewa Miccha (20), resident of village Bhusewada, was arrested during the encounter and charged with attempt to murder and offences under Indian Arms Act.
The court on Friday sentenced him, and also imposed a fine of Rs 500 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years