Naxal convicted, gets seven years in jail
Gadchiroli: A Naxal accused of involvement in attack on a police team in Bhamragarh tehsil in 2010 has been sentenced to seven years` imprisonment by the District Court here.
According to police, a shoot-out took place between the police and the Maoists in the forest between Pidmili and Piddur in on July 4, 2010 when the Special Anti-Naxal Squad and a team Cobra jawans were conducting a combing operation.
Bamu alias Monu Dewa Miccha (20), resident of village Bhusewada, was arrested during the encounter and charged with attempt to murder and offences under Indian Arms Act.
The court on Friday sentenced him, and also imposed a fine of Rs 500 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH