NCP leader abducted, murdered over property deal
Nagpur: A local NCP leader Ganesh Maroti Matey was allegedly kidnapped from Kanhan near here and murdered by goons following which his body was thrown on the railway tracks on the Nagpur-Gondia route, police said on Saturday.
According to police, Matey, District President of NCP Sevadal was a resident of Kanhan and was abducted allegedly by a notorious goon Micky Baskhi who runs a security agency and was strangulated to death yesterday.
Later, his body was thrown on railway tracks on Nagpur-Gondia route on Kalamana railway yard as part of the conspiracy to destroy evidence.
Police said Matey was called by Bakshi at his office in Sadar to finalise a property deal but fell apart as he was not willing to part the property at throwaway prices which the accused had demanded.
The incident came to light when Matey`s driver Gendlal, who was waiting outside Bakshi`s office suspected some foul play when Matey failed to return from the meeting for a long time, they said.
Gendlal and friend Gulshan Kukde informed Matey`s family which lodged a complaint with Sadar Police Station.
As Matey`s mobile was switched off, police initially registered a missing case within hours of murder.
However, no arrests have been made so far. The prime accused (Bakshi) was detained under MCOCA some years back in connection with a case.
- PM Narendra Modi genuine in his desire to have good relations with Pakistan: Ajit Doval
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh