Nitesh Rane comes to the rescue of Mumbai Univ VC
Mumbai: A day after Yuva Sena sought removal of Mumbai University Vice Chancellor Dr Rajan Welukar, Swabhimaan Sanghathana leader Nitesh Rane on Thursday met the VC, with a proposal to rename a building in the University’s Sports Campus after Chhatrapati Shivaji.
"The Sena used the Vice Chancellor when it wanted the
book (by Rohinton Mistry) banned and now they want his head.
This is definitely double standards. Welukar is a respected
man and in no circumstances should he resign," Rane said.
On the issue of renaming the building, Rane said, "we
have got an assurance from Welukar that he will look into the
Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray who has been
spearheading a campaign demanding sweeping changes in the
functioning of Mumbai University met Chief Minister Prithviraj
He demanded immediate sacking of the vice-chancellor
and Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope.
Among the major issues raised were the vacant posts at
the university and confusion over allotment of hall tickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror