Nitesh Rane comes to the rescue of Mumbai Univ VC
Mumbai: A day after Yuva Sena sought removal of Mumbai University Vice Chancellor Dr Rajan Welukar, Swabhimaan Sanghathana leader Nitesh Rane on Thursday met the VC, with a proposal to rename a building in the University’s Sports Campus after Chhatrapati Shivaji.
"The Sena used the Vice Chancellor when it wanted the
book (by Rohinton Mistry) banned and now they want his head.
This is definitely double standards. Welukar is a respected
man and in no circumstances should he resign," Rane said.
On the issue of renaming the building, Rane said, "we
have got an assurance from Welukar that he will look into the
Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray who has been
spearheading a campaign demanding sweeping changes in the
functioning of Mumbai University met Chief Minister Prithviraj
He demanded immediate sacking of the vice-chancellor
and Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope.
Among the major issues raised were the vacant posts at
the university and confusion over allotment of hall tickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation