No leads to ATS in July-13 blasts from 3 suspects
Mumbai: Maharashtra`s Anti Terrorism Squad,
probing the July 13 triple blasts here, has not found any
leads after `extensive` questioning of two engineering
students and their friend who were arrested recently, police
Qamar-E-Alam (19) and Abdul Wahab (20), who hail from
Darbanga district of Bihar, were picked from their engineering
college at Lalru Mohali in Punjab on January 1 and booked in a
forgery case after they were found to be possessing over 10
SIM cards procured using fake documents, police sources said.
Subsequently, their aide Shahejahan (20) was also
arrested in a similar case, sources said.
"The three were extensively questioned with regard to the
blasts but nothing important has come out,"an ATS source said.
Qamar`s father Shakir Hussain, a driver by profession in
Mumbai, said, "I am hearing that my son has been picked by
Mumbai ATS but police did not inform me anything as of now. I
don`t know where he is and I am worried."
"My son was good at studies and I wanted him to study
engineering. He studied upto XII in Mumbai. I tried several
colleges here but they wanted huge donations. But in Punjab, I
had to pay only Rs one lakh for my son`s college admission,"
Hussain said adding that his son is very good at studies and
he would not indulge in any illegal activities.
Mohammed Abdul Umar (66), father of another accused Wahab
who was picked up by the ATS said from Bihar over phone,
"We do not know why police picked up my son and where they
have kept him. We were not intimated about it. I am sure my
son was picked by mistake and he would be released soon."
Qamar and Wahab`s friend Mohammed Ashraf was also
questioned but was later let off.
Ashraf said from Punjab, "The police who claimed to
be Mumbai ATS officials asked about our background and
studies. Then they took away Qamar and Wahab."
A powerful IED blasts rocked the bustling Zaveri Bazaar,
Opera House and Dadar areas in Mumbai within a span of 30
minutes on July 13, killing 27 and wounding many.
A breakthrough has eluded the Maharashtra ATS and Mumbai
crime branch so far. Though the outlawed home-grown terror
group Indian Mujahideen was suspected to have triggered the
blasts, the probe agencies are yet to conclusively pin the
blame on any organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in