No pressure from NCP on Lavasa: Chavan
New Delhi: Maharashtra Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan has rubbished suggestions that coalition
partner NCP has put pressure on him to give clearance to
Lavasa Hill city project.
"No. I mean the point was there was pressure from court
to prosecute Lavasa immediately. The prosecution of Lavasa has
been done as per court directions," he told CNN-IBN.
Chavan denied any pressure from NCP chief and Agriculture
Minister Sharad Pawar, who is considered to be backing the
He said none of his meetings with Pawar or the NCP
leadership had anything to do with Lavasa.
Chavan said he had told Union Environment Minister
Jayanthi Natarajan that Lavasa project was a major investment
in the state and if they had violated the law they must face
the consequences and fulfill the conditions put forth by the
"Having fulfilled all the conditions which environment
minister had put then I think it they are entitled to get a
clearance for Phase I that has been given as per the law.
There is nothing which is specially done other than the law of
the land, other than court directions," Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video