Nothing wrong in Adarsh Society allotments: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday defended his role in the Adarsh society scam case, asserting that the recommendations for flats made by him were on the merit that the land belonged to Maharashtra government and there was no reservation in the high-rise for heroes of the Kargil conflict.
"There is nothing wrong in Adarsh society (allotments). You will have to go into the details of the report (of the judicial panel). The fact is that the land belonged to Maharashtra government and there was no reservation for Kargil heroes," Shinde told reporters here.
The report of the two-member commission headed by retired high court judge JA Patil indicted several politicians, including four former chief ministers of the state ? Ashok Chavan, the late Vilasrao Deshmukh, Shinde and Shivajirao Nilangekar Patil ? for "blatant violations" of the statutory provisions.
The state government has partially accepted the judicial panel report and, while announcing action against the indicted bureaucrats, gave a clean chit to politicians barring former CM Chavan, saying "no criminality was revealed against them".
The Home Minister added that during his tenure as the CM of the state, he had made allotments to four-five other societies and, during his nine years as the Maharashtra finance minister, had signed many such "clearances".
He, however, said that he would not be able to answer as to how the bureaucrats could be indicted in the case if one went by the yardstick that the land belonged to the state government and the building had no reservation for the heroes of the Kargil conflict.
"I cannot say, I am just talking facts," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow