One killed as fire engulfs Nashik mall
Nashik: A security guard was killed early Wednesday in a major fire that broke out at a furniture mall in the city here, police said.
Around 3.45 am, the blaze engulfed the Sakhala Furniture Mall near the highway at Mumbai Naka, an official of Nashik Police Control said.
Eight fire tenders and water tankers were rushed to the site and they succeeded in controlling the fire after around four hours.
Security guard Prakash Solanki was apparently trapped and his charred remains were found in the morning, the official said.
Investigations are on to determine the cause of the fire.
The city`s premier furniture mall, stored all types of household and office furniture.
Nashik, the state`s third most industrialised city and `wine capital`, is around 175 kms to the north-east of Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read