One killed as fire engulfs Nashik mall
Nashik: A security guard was killed early Wednesday in a major fire that broke out at a furniture mall in the city here, police said.
Around 3.45 am, the blaze engulfed the Sakhala Furniture Mall near the highway at Mumbai Naka, an official of Nashik Police Control said.
Eight fire tenders and water tankers were rushed to the site and they succeeded in controlling the fire after around four hours.
Security guard Prakash Solanki was apparently trapped and his charred remains were found in the morning, the official said.
Investigations are on to determine the cause of the fire.
The city`s premier furniture mall, stored all types of household and office furniture.
Nashik, the state`s third most industrialised city and `wine capital`, is around 175 kms to the north-east of Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police