One killed as fire engulfs Nashik mall
Nashik: A security guard was killed early Wednesday in a major fire that broke out at a furniture mall in the city here, police said.
Around 3.45 am, the blaze engulfed the Sakhala Furniture Mall near the highway at Mumbai Naka, an official of Nashik Police Control said.
Eight fire tenders and water tankers were rushed to the site and they succeeded in controlling the fire after around four hours.
Security guard Prakash Solanki was apparently trapped and his charred remains were found in the morning, the official said.
Investigations are on to determine the cause of the fire.
The city`s premier furniture mall, stored all types of household and office furniture.
Nashik, the state`s third most industrialised city and `wine capital`, is around 175 kms to the north-east of Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'