Powerloom worker booked for molesting five minor girls in Bhiwandi
Thane: A 25-year-old powerloom worker from Bhiwandi has been booked for allegedly molesting at least five minor girls from Shanti Nagar locality, police said today.
The incident came to light yesterday after one of the girls broke her silence and narrated the episode to her parents following which irate locals allegedly bashed up the accused, Fuzil Ansari and later handed over him to police.
Badly injured, he was admitted to Thane civil hospital, police said.
According to Shanti Nagar police, the youth had molested the girls on October 14 after luring them to an isolated place when they were all playing in a courtyard at the locality.
The girls aged between 5-9, were also threatened of dire consequences if they revealed the incident to anyone.
Police have booked him under various sections of IPC and also Protection of Children from Sexual Assault Act, 2012 and investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000