Powerloom worker booked for molesting five minor girls in Bhiwandi
Thane: A 25-year-old powerloom worker from Bhiwandi has been booked for allegedly molesting at least five minor girls from Shanti Nagar locality, police said today.
The incident came to light yesterday after one of the girls broke her silence and narrated the episode to her parents following which irate locals allegedly bashed up the accused, Fuzil Ansari and later handed over him to police.
Badly injured, he was admitted to Thane civil hospital, police said.
According to Shanti Nagar police, the youth had molested the girls on October 14 after luring them to an isolated place when they were all playing in a courtyard at the locality.
The girls aged between 5-9, were also threatened of dire consequences if they revealed the incident to anyone.
Police have booked him under various sections of IPC and also Protection of Children from Sexual Assault Act, 2012 and investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!