Pune blasts: ATS team raids IM suspects
Bangalore: Anti-Terrorism Squad(ATS) on Saturday raided the houses of suspected Indian Mujahideen activists Shaikh Altaf and Shaikh Ramzan in Bijapur in connection to the Pune blasts.
Preliminary investigations into the blasts indicate that the modus operandi used in the blasts is similar to that of the Indian Mujahideen.
No arrest or detention has been made in the Pune blasts so far.
Four low-intensity explosions took place in the busy J M Road area in Pune on August 1.
Union Home Secretary RK Singh had earlier said there was definitely a plan behind the low-intensity blasts, and added that the unexploded IEDs are being investigated thoroughly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16