Pune blasts: ATS team raids IM suspects
Bangalore: Anti-Terrorism Squad(ATS) on Saturday raided the houses of suspected Indian Mujahideen activists Shaikh Altaf and Shaikh Ramzan in Bijapur in connection to the Pune blasts.
Preliminary investigations into the blasts indicate that the modus operandi used in the blasts is similar to that of the Indian Mujahideen.
No arrest or detention has been made in the Pune blasts so far.
Four low-intensity explosions took place in the busy J M Road area in Pune on August 1.
Union Home Secretary RK Singh had earlier said there was definitely a plan behind the low-intensity blasts, and added that the unexploded IEDs are being investigated thoroughly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss