Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh transferred
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government today
transferred some senior IPS officials including Pune Police
Commissioner Satyapal Singh, who was embroiled in the
controversy over renewal of passport of minister of state for
home Ramesh Bagwe.
Special Inspector General (CID Crime) Meera Borwankar was
promoted as Pune Police Commissioner while Singh of additional
DG rank, was transferred as chief of establishment wing in the
state police, Home Department sources said.
Jawed Ahmed, currently holding additional DG
(establishment) post, has been shifted as Navi Mumbai Police
Commissioner, replacing Gulab Rao Pol, who has been
transferred as special IG (Law and Order).
Bagwe had recently demanded transfer of Singh, as the
latter had withheld his passport renewal claiming that the
minister was facing several criminal cases in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000