Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh transferred
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government today
transferred some senior IPS officials including Pune Police
Commissioner Satyapal Singh, who was embroiled in the
controversy over renewal of passport of minister of state for
home Ramesh Bagwe.
Special Inspector General (CID Crime) Meera Borwankar was
promoted as Pune Police Commissioner while Singh of additional
DG rank, was transferred as chief of establishment wing in the
state police, Home Department sources said.
Jawed Ahmed, currently holding additional DG
(establishment) post, has been shifted as Navi Mumbai Police
Commissioner, replacing Gulab Rao Pol, who has been
transferred as special IG (Law and Order).
Bagwe had recently demanded transfer of Singh, as the
latter had withheld his passport renewal claiming that the
minister was facing several criminal cases in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends