Rains severely damage crops in parts of Maharashtra
Sangli: Standing crops, including food-grains, grapes and vegetables, suffered severe damage during rains and hailstorms which have lashed parts of Maharashtra, officials said.
Rains and hailstorms hit parts of Sangli and Kolhapur last Sunday.
"Grapes in over 1,500 hectares and other crops on 300 hectares are severely damaged due to the hailstorm and heavy rain," District Collector, Sangli Deependrashinh Kushwah told reporters yesterday.
Sangli is a major producer of export quality grapes.
The collector has instructed the `talathis` to visit the farms and submit a report. A primary report has also been sent to the state government.
The district administration has asked the revenue officials to prepare detailed report on damage to crops, its severity in percentage, damage to houses and any harm to the domestic animals, if any, official sources said.
The officials will submit the report to the district collectorate within a day which will be forwarded to the state relief and rehabilitation department, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport