Rains severely damage crops in parts of Maharashtra
Sangli: Standing crops, including food-grains, grapes and vegetables, suffered severe damage during rains and hailstorms which have lashed parts of Maharashtra, officials said.
Rains and hailstorms hit parts of Sangli and Kolhapur last Sunday.
"Grapes in over 1,500 hectares and other crops on 300 hectares are severely damaged due to the hailstorm and heavy rain," District Collector, Sangli Deependrashinh Kushwah told reporters yesterday.
Sangli is a major producer of export quality grapes.
The collector has instructed the `talathis` to visit the farms and submit a report. A primary report has also been sent to the state government.
The district administration has asked the revenue officials to prepare detailed report on damage to crops, its severity in percentage, damage to houses and any harm to the domestic animals, if any, official sources said.
The officials will submit the report to the district collectorate within a day which will be forwarded to the state relief and rehabilitation department, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh