Rains severely damage crops in parts of Maharashtra
Sangli: Standing crops, including food-grains, grapes and vegetables, suffered severe damage during rains and hailstorms which have lashed parts of Maharashtra, officials said.
Rains and hailstorms hit parts of Sangli and Kolhapur last Sunday.
"Grapes in over 1,500 hectares and other crops on 300 hectares are severely damaged due to the hailstorm and heavy rain," District Collector, Sangli Deependrashinh Kushwah told reporters yesterday.
Sangli is a major producer of export quality grapes.
The collector has instructed the `talathis` to visit the farms and submit a report. A primary report has also been sent to the state government.
The district administration has asked the revenue officials to prepare detailed report on damage to crops, its severity in percentage, damage to houses and any harm to the domestic animals, if any, official sources said.
The officials will submit the report to the district collectorate within a day which will be forwarded to the state relief and rehabilitation department, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis