Raj-Bal Thackeray verbal duel escalates
Mumbai: The war of words between Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and nephew Raj Thackeray escalated on Tuesday with the Sena patriarch announcing that a videotape of the Mahabaleshwar conclave in 2003 where Uddhav was named working president, will be made public to prove Raj`s falsehood.
"We have the videotape in our possession and it will be
shown to people in Dombivli, Kalyan and Kolhapur," 84-year-old
Thackeray said here.
Civic elections are due at these places later this month
and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) is pitted against the
Sena in a bitter fight.
The Sena chief`s attack on his nephew comes a day after
Raj, for the first time since he quit the Shiv Sena five years
ago, publicly criticised his uncle at a MNS election rally in
Dombivli in adjoining Thane district.
Responding to remarks that his uncle had made against him
during the Sena`s Dussehra rally here on October 17, Raj said,
"My uncle said I chose Uddhav to lead the Sena. But I didn`t
have the authority to even appoint a shakha pramukh."
"Let us assume I did choose Uddhav. Tell me if my
decision was right or wrong," Raj said.
"The way Raj has heaped abuses against me, it is certain
that there will be large scale resentment (against him) among
Shiv Sainiks," the MNS chief claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam