Raj drives ailing Uddhav Thackeray back home
Mumbai: Although Uddhav and Raj Thackeray may be political opponents but that doesn’t appear to be a factor in their personal relationship.
The rapport was evident on Monday when within hours of Uddhav being admitted to the hospital in suburban Bandra, his estranged cousin Raj was by his side.
The two warring cousins met publicly after nearly four years as Raj cancelled his trip to Alibaug in neighbouring Raigad district and rushed to Mumbai this afternoon upon hearing of Uddhav`s sudden illness.
Apart from Raj his mother, wife and other family members, visited Uddhav and enquired about his ailing cousin`s health.
Senior Sena leader and former speaker of Lok Sabha Manohar Joshi, who also rushed to the hospital this morning, told media persons that Uddhav was out of danger and was "feeling fine".
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray was admitted to Lilavati hospital after he complained of chest pain.
Uddhav underwent an angiography in which a couple of blockages were detected in his heart.
Uddhav was discharged from the hospital later in the day. In what could be seen as a magnanimous gesture he was driven to his Matoshree residence in Raj’s car.
Thousands of anxious party workers and top leaders remained present outside the hospital premises all day long.
Later this evening, Raj met his uncle and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray at the latter`s residence.
The development was greeted in both parties with anticipation with some activists and political commentators terming it as an example of blood being thicker than politics.
An avid photographer, Uddhav was not feeling well since his recent foreign trip, they said.
Uddhav Thackeray, who will turn 52 later this month, is the son of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and has been handling the party affairs since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people