Rajani Patil, ex-minister Ashok booked in bank cheating case
Beed: Congress leader Rajani Patil, her husband and former minister Ashok Patil, NCP legislator Amarsingh Pandit and 62 others have been booked in connection with cases of non-payment of loans taken from the Beed District Central Co-operative Bank (BDCCB), police said on Thursday.
Three FIRs were registered by Beed police last night on the complaint lodged by the bank, for not repaying loan amounts to the tune of over Rs 47 crores, taken during the period of 2008-2011, they said.
According to the complaint by BDCCB bank employee Shivkalyan Bargaje, first case has been registered against Ambajogai Co-operative Sugar factory for a loan of nearly Rs 12.5 crore bank.
Sixteen accused have been booked under Section 406, 420 and 34 of IPC in this case, police said.
As the second complaint by BDCCB Bank Mangager Keshav Aghav, a case been registered against members of Padamashree Vithhalrao Vikhe Patil Co-operative Sugar factory of Kaij tehsil of Beed district for non-payment of loan worth Rs 2.91 crores.
Accordingly, a case has been registered against MP Rajani Patil, her husband Ashok Patil, Appasaheb Ike, Shivajirao Patil, Rahul Sonavane and 16 others under section 406, 420 and 34 of IPC.
The third case was registered against officials of various entities after complaint by BDCCB bank Deputy Manager Yogesh Sanap.
The defaulters include Aditya Multi-purpose Educational Co-operative (2.77 crore default) Mallababai Vlyal from Solapur (Rs 2.80 crore), Vyankateshwara Agro Beed (Rs 8.81 crore), Jai Bhavani Sugar factory of Georai tehsil (Rs 7.81 crore) Gajanan Sugar factory (Rs 3.23 crore) and Khand multi-purpose Sanstha (Rs 6.41 crore).
The accused are: MLC Amarsingh Pandit, Rajabhau Munde, Vilas Badge, Subhash Sarda, Mangala More, Dhairyasheel Solanke, Sahebrao Darekar, Latabai Sanap and other 15 persons. These people have been booked under Section 406, 420 and 34 of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray