Recruitment scam: Another NDA official arrested
Mumbai: CBI has arrested another official of prestigious National Defence Academy (NDA) in connection with the alleged recruitment scam that has already led to nabbing of six persons including a serving Colonel.
Suhas Shankar Waghmare, Establishment Officer of NDA, was arrested last night by CBI with the agency alleging that he had taken money from more than 15 candidates, official sources said.
CBI had last week arrested Colonel Kulbir Singh, who was a staff officer to a NDA commandant and five others for allegedly receiving bribe in return for recruitment in subordinate staff jobs at NDA.
"Waghmare had obtained money from more than 15 candidates and had passed on a considerable amount to Kulbir Singh, also arrested in the case," a CBI official alleged.
Waghmare was produced today before a special CBI court in Pune which remanded him in CBI custody till June 28.
Apart from Waghmare and Singh, the other arrested persons were NDA employee Ramesh Gaikwad, Bal Kishen Kanojia ? who runs a food stall in Pune, his employee Vishnu Sharma and two alleged touts Manoj Sheetal Kar and Dattatre Sheetal Kar.
CBI has alleged that Col Singh in conspiracy with the other accused had obtained illegal gratification of Rs three to four lakh from each candidate to give them appointment for subordinate staff like cooks, gardeners, lab attendants, library attendants and cadet orderly.
The accused persons had allegedly taken signatures of those candidates, who had agreed to pay the bribe, on blank sheets and later filled them with correct answers, it has said.
CBI during searches at the residences of the accused persons had recovered Rs 1.76 crore cash and a list of candidates` names and interview letters and a list of those who had paid bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed