Recruitment scam: Another NDA official arrested
Mumbai: CBI has arrested another official of prestigious National Defence Academy (NDA) in connection with the alleged recruitment scam that has already led to nabbing of six persons including a serving Colonel.
Suhas Shankar Waghmare, Establishment Officer of NDA, was arrested last night by CBI with the agency alleging that he had taken money from more than 15 candidates, official sources said.
CBI had last week arrested Colonel Kulbir Singh, who was a staff officer to a NDA commandant and five others for allegedly receiving bribe in return for recruitment in subordinate staff jobs at NDA.
"Waghmare had obtained money from more than 15 candidates and had passed on a considerable amount to Kulbir Singh, also arrested in the case," a CBI official alleged.
Waghmare was produced today before a special CBI court in Pune which remanded him in CBI custody till June 28.
Apart from Waghmare and Singh, the other arrested persons were NDA employee Ramesh Gaikwad, Bal Kishen Kanojia ? who runs a food stall in Pune, his employee Vishnu Sharma and two alleged touts Manoj Sheetal Kar and Dattatre Sheetal Kar.
CBI has alleged that Col Singh in conspiracy with the other accused had obtained illegal gratification of Rs three to four lakh from each candidate to give them appointment for subordinate staff like cooks, gardeners, lab attendants, library attendants and cadet orderly.
The accused persons had allegedly taken signatures of those candidates, who had agreed to pay the bribe, on blank sheets and later filled them with correct answers, it has said.
CBI during searches at the residences of the accused persons had recovered Rs 1.76 crore cash and a list of candidates` names and interview letters and a list of those who had paid bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill