Reserve pay-and-park contracts to women, locals: Corporators
Mumbai: Corporators in the Shiv Sena-BJP
ruled, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM), on Tuesday
demanded re-tendering of the 84 pay-and-park lots in the city
with 50 per cent reservation for locals and women.
In today`s General Body meeting corporators demanded
reservation of pay-nad-park contract for locals and women.
"We want 50 per cent reservation for Mahila (women)
and bhumiputra (locals) in pay-and-park contract. The current
tender should be cancelled and must be re-tendered with
reservation," Leader of the House Sunil Prabhu said.
Earlier last year, Corporators had demanded the same
but MCGM officials overlooked their advice and asked for
tendering of 84 of the 113 pay-and-park lots in the city
without reserving jobs for locals and women self-help groups.
"The civic body must float new tender with the
suggestions given by us. We want reservation for women and
locals," Leader of Opposition Rajhans Singh said.
The coporators walked out of the house thereby
adjourning the General Body meeting.
While, civic officials said, "they will soon look into
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state