Robbery at ex-CRPF man`s home; loot gold worth Rs 5.80 lakh
Nagpur: Three unidentified robbers struck at the residence of a retired Director General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) here and looted gold ornaments worth Rs 5.80 lakhs, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last evening one person posing as a courier delivery man knocked the door with an envelop and was followed two of his accomplices who threatened his sick wife Mangala (82) and nurse Sindhu and robbed the duo of gold ornaments at knife point.
TGL Iyer, who is associated with Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan along with his son Raja had gone to the institution when the robbery took place in the west city area, police added.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement