Robbery at ex-CRPF man`s home; loot gold worth Rs 5.80 lakh
Nagpur: Three unidentified robbers struck at the residence of a retired Director General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) here and looted gold ornaments worth Rs 5.80 lakhs, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last evening one person posing as a courier delivery man knocked the door with an envelop and was followed two of his accomplices who threatened his sick wife Mangala (82) and nurse Sindhu and robbed the duo of gold ornaments at knife point.
TGL Iyer, who is associated with Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan along with his son Raja had gone to the institution when the robbery took place in the west city area, police added.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves