Robbery at ex-CRPF man`s home; loot gold worth Rs 5.80 lakh
Nagpur: Three unidentified robbers struck at the residence of a retired Director General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) here and looted gold ornaments worth Rs 5.80 lakhs, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last evening one person posing as a courier delivery man knocked the door with an envelop and was followed two of his accomplices who threatened his sick wife Mangala (82) and nurse Sindhu and robbed the duo of gold ornaments at knife point.
TGL Iyer, who is associated with Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan along with his son Raja had gone to the institution when the robbery took place in the west city area, police added.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'