Seven booked in Tarapur chemical plant explosion case
Thane: Seven persons, including some senior officers, have been booked in connection with an explosion at a chemical plant in Boisar here, police said on Saturday.
Yesterday, four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured, two of them seriously, in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
According to police, senior staff at the plant, including Director Uday Patil, Joint MD Archit Savla, Director Harshad Shah, Assistant Production Manager Popat Patel, Safety Officer Jitendra Devra, Operations Manager P K Mishra and Works Manager Sachin Poojari (dead) have been booked in the case.
While search for two more persons -- P K Mishra and Kunal Chavan -- who are feared trapped in the debris is still on, they said. The building had collapsed following the impact of the explosion.
Two persons, who were charred to death were identified today as Sachin Poojari (30) and Surendra Sardar (23), fire brigade sources said. Two other dead are Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil.
The incident took place after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says