Seven booked in Tarapur chemical plant explosion case
Thane: Seven persons, including some senior officers, have been booked in connection with an explosion at a chemical plant in Boisar here, police said on Saturday.
Yesterday, four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured, two of them seriously, in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
According to police, senior staff at the plant, including Director Uday Patil, Joint MD Archit Savla, Director Harshad Shah, Assistant Production Manager Popat Patel, Safety Officer Jitendra Devra, Operations Manager P K Mishra and Works Manager Sachin Poojari (dead) have been booked in the case.
While search for two more persons -- P K Mishra and Kunal Chavan -- who are feared trapped in the debris is still on, they said. The building had collapsed following the impact of the explosion.
Two persons, who were charred to death were identified today as Sachin Poojari (30) and Surendra Sardar (23), fire brigade sources said. Two other dead are Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil.
The incident took place after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen