Seven booked in Tarapur chemical plant explosion case
Thane: Seven persons, including some senior officers, have been booked in connection with an explosion at a chemical plant in Boisar here, police said on Saturday.
Yesterday, four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured, two of them seriously, in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
According to police, senior staff at the plant, including Director Uday Patil, Joint MD Archit Savla, Director Harshad Shah, Assistant Production Manager Popat Patel, Safety Officer Jitendra Devra, Operations Manager P K Mishra and Works Manager Sachin Poojari (dead) have been booked in the case.
While search for two more persons -- P K Mishra and Kunal Chavan -- who are feared trapped in the debris is still on, they said. The building had collapsed following the impact of the explosion.
Two persons, who were charred to death were identified today as Sachin Poojari (30) and Surendra Sardar (23), fire brigade sources said. Two other dead are Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil.
The incident took place after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar