Shirdi temple to charge for `VIP darshan`
Mumbai: The Shirdi Saibaba temple
authorities have decided to ban `VIP darshan` during weekdays
and charge devotees for performing various poojas at the
popular shrine on Saturday, Sundays and during festivals.
"A meeting of the Shirdi Sansthan trustees was held
here yesterday in which it was decided to implement the scheme
on a trial basis for three months," a trustee told a news agency.
The common man, who stands in a queue for the
darshan, won`t have to pay and the decision would only
affect those visiting on VIP passes, he said.
Around 50,000 devotees visit the temple daily. The
number doubles during the weekend.
The meeting, attended by state law and judiciary
minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Sansthan chief Jayant
Sasane, proposed Rs 500 for kakad arti and Rs 250 for dhoop
arti, the trustee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader