Shirdi temple to charge for `VIP darshan`
Mumbai: The Shirdi Saibaba temple
authorities have decided to ban `VIP darshan` during weekdays
and charge devotees for performing various poojas at the
popular shrine on Saturday, Sundays and during festivals.
"A meeting of the Shirdi Sansthan trustees was held
here yesterday in which it was decided to implement the scheme
on a trial basis for three months," a trustee told a news agency.
The common man, who stands in a queue for the
darshan, won`t have to pay and the decision would only
affect those visiting on VIP passes, he said.
Around 50,000 devotees visit the temple daily. The
number doubles during the weekend.
The meeting, attended by state law and judiciary
minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Sansthan chief Jayant
Sasane, proposed Rs 500 for kakad arti and Rs 250 for dhoop
arti, the trustee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees