Shirdi temple to charge for `VIP darshan`
Mumbai: The Shirdi Saibaba temple
authorities have decided to ban `VIP darshan` during weekdays
and charge devotees for performing various poojas at the
popular shrine on Saturday, Sundays and during festivals.
"A meeting of the Shirdi Sansthan trustees was held
here yesterday in which it was decided to implement the scheme
on a trial basis for three months," a trustee told a news agency.
The common man, who stands in a queue for the
darshan, won`t have to pay and the decision would only
affect those visiting on VIP passes, he said.
Around 50,000 devotees visit the temple daily. The
number doubles during the weekend.
The meeting, attended by state law and judiciary
minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Sansthan chief Jayant
Sasane, proposed Rs 500 for kakad arti and Rs 250 for dhoop
arti, the trustee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority