Shirdi temple to charge for `VIP darshan`
Mumbai: The Shirdi Saibaba temple
authorities have decided to ban `VIP darshan` during weekdays
and charge devotees for performing various poojas at the
popular shrine on Saturday, Sundays and during festivals.
"A meeting of the Shirdi Sansthan trustees was held
here yesterday in which it was decided to implement the scheme
on a trial basis for three months," a trustee told a news agency.
The common man, who stands in a queue for the
darshan, won`t have to pay and the decision would only
affect those visiting on VIP passes, he said.
Around 50,000 devotees visit the temple daily. The
number doubles during the weekend.
The meeting, attended by state law and judiciary
minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Sansthan chief Jayant
Sasane, proposed Rs 500 for kakad arti and Rs 250 for dhoop
arti, the trustee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP