Shiv Sena appeals leaders to seek help for hailstorm-hit farmers
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday appealed the leaders in the state to come together to demand financial assistance from the government for the farmers affected by the recent hailstorm in several parts of Maharashtra.
"Maharashtra government should immediately provide financial assistance to the farmers affected due to hailstorm. The Election Commission should also intervene so that the farmers get the assistance from the government," Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray told reporters here.
"All the top leaders from various political parties in the state must come together and meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the issue," he said.
Crops in an area spread over 12 lakh hectares suffered damages due to the recent untimely rain and hailstorm in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit