Shiv Sena appeals leaders to seek help for hailstorm-hit farmers
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday appealed the leaders in the state to come together to demand financial assistance from the government for the farmers affected by the recent hailstorm in several parts of Maharashtra.
"Maharashtra government should immediately provide financial assistance to the farmers affected due to hailstorm. The Election Commission should also intervene so that the farmers get the assistance from the government," Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray told reporters here.
"All the top leaders from various political parties in the state must come together and meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the issue," he said.
Crops in an area spread over 12 lakh hectares suffered damages due to the recent untimely rain and hailstorm in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state