Shiv Sena MLA Ghosalkar gets interim protection from arrest
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Thrusday granted interim protection from arrest to local Shiv Sena MLA Vinod Ghosalkar, accused of harassment by a woman corporator of his own party.
"The court has granted interim protection to Ghosalkar till March 11," public prosecutor Nileema Kasture said.
Ghosalkar has applied for anticipatory bail. His lawyer argued that the offence registered against him was bailable, and he was cooperating with the police.
The crime branch of the Mumbai police is likely to submit its say at the next hearing.
Suburban Dahisar police on February 5 registered a case against Ghosalkar under section 501 (printing or engraving matter known to be defamatory), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (outraging the modesty of a woman).
According to the woman corporator, Ghosalkar started threatening her after she complained against a builder who had dumped construction debris in a mangrove patch.
She said she started getting obscene calls from unknown numbers as her phone number had been scribbled on the walls of a public toilet in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan