Shiv Sena praises Modi for not wearing skull-cap
Pune: Shiv Sena today hailed Gujarat chief
minister Narendra Modi for protecting himself from `topi-kand`
(cap-scam) by refusing to don an `Imami cap` offered by a
Muslim clergy during his three-day `Sadbhavana Mission` fast.
"One Imam came on the podium and offered Modi a (skull)
cap, but Modi refused to wear it. He deserves kudos for
preventing this `topi-kand` in front of cameras," the party
mouthpiece `Saamna` said in an editorial, which derided
Congress leaders for adopting a policy of appeasement of
It said, there was no need to prove secular credentials
by going overboard to appease Muslims in the country and
criticised Congress leaders for donning skull caps during
"If Modi sticks to this line, his Delhi bound horse can
race along the Rajpath in Delhi," the paper commented.
However, even though the party is praising the Gujarat
chief minister for the cap episode, just two days ago, it had
criticised him for trying to project a secular image of
himself. The party had said that the Modi shot to power by the
Hindu vote bank and he should not give them "poison of
secularism" in his battle for "gaddi" in Delhi.
The Shiv Sena patriarch, BJP`s oldest ally, had also
asked Modi not to forget that after Maharashtra, Gujarat was
the laboratory of Hinduism and had said whatever he was today,
it was because of Hindu vote bank.
Modi was on a three-day fast in Gujarat capital for
"peace, unity and communal harmony". The fast ended on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly