Six killed as building collapses in Mumbai
Thane: Six women were killed and 20 others
injured after a four-storeyed building collapsed at Bhiwandi
The building at the Gautam Compound Navi Basti reportedly
housed nearly a hundred families. Many others were feared
trapped in the debris after it collapsed last night, police
It was originally a two storey building and two floors,
possibly illegal, were built later, police said.
The rescue operation was supervised by district collector
A L Jarhad, officials said.
The deceased were identified as Mashid Hakim Shaikh
(23), Sahana Jaffar Shaikh (18), Mehbooba Shaikh (45), Sufali
Shaikh (80), Safia Illias Shaikh (30) and Kalina Shaikh (22).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence