Six killed as building collapses in Mumbai
Thane: Six women were killed and 20 others
injured after a four-storeyed building collapsed at Bhiwandi
The building at the Gautam Compound Navi Basti reportedly
housed nearly a hundred families. Many others were feared
trapped in the debris after it collapsed last night, police
It was originally a two storey building and two floors,
possibly illegal, were built later, police said.
The rescue operation was supervised by district collector
A L Jarhad, officials said.
The deceased were identified as Mashid Hakim Shaikh
(23), Sahana Jaffar Shaikh (18), Mehbooba Shaikh (45), Sufali
Shaikh (80), Safia Illias Shaikh (30) and Kalina Shaikh (22).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice