Six school children, driver killed in Maharashtra accident
Osmanabad: At least six students on a school excursion were killed when their bus met with an accident on the Solapur-Dhule highway in Maharashtra on Saturday morning, police said. The bus driver was also killed.
The school children were all in the 14-16 years age group.
The vehicle was carrying students of Sangawade Secondary School of Kolhapur to Tuljapur Temple in Osmanabad district.
Ten children injured in the accident are under treatment at the nearby Ashwini Hospital. The condition of six of them is reported to be critical.
The accident took place around 8 am when the bus was negotiating a sharp turn near the Nagoba Temple, around 15 km from the famous pilgrim centre of Tuljapur, and about 440 km from the state capital.
A speeding private tourist bus was coming from the opposite direction and the two buses collided head-on at the sharp turn, an official at the Osmanabad Police Control Room, said.
The victims were: School bus driver Pratap Surve and students Pankaj Kumbhar, Akshay Patil, Suraj Patil, Vallabh Kambhe, Ganesh Kumbhar and Akash Shirke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!