Sonia to launch health programme in Thane on Feb 6
Thane: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will launch a health scheme here on February 6 under a series of programmes to be rolled out countrywide as part of the National Rural Health Mission.
The first programme to be launched in Palghar by the Centre under "Mission Health" will provide medical facilities and equipment for check-up, treatment and surgery of students from Balwadi, Anganwadi and primary schools, Maharashtra Minister of State for Tribal Welfare Rajendra Gavit said.
The scheme will be launched in Palghar on a pilot basis and then extended to various regions in the country, Gavit said. Maharashtra Health Minister Suresh Shetty is already holding preparatory meetings with senior officials in the district to oversee the arrangement for Sonia`s visit.
A mega health camp will also be organised on February 6 and more than 56,000 students from the entire district from fifth to twelfth grade will undergo medical check-up, he said.
A seven-member team comprising two doctors and nurses will undertake the check up of the students, who will be subjected to medical tests every three months free of cost.
Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Health Minister Suresh Shetty will be present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic