Sonia to launch health programme in Thane on Feb 6
Thane: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will launch a health scheme here on February 6 under a series of programmes to be rolled out countrywide as part of the National Rural Health Mission.
The first programme to be launched in Palghar by the Centre under "Mission Health" will provide medical facilities and equipment for check-up, treatment and surgery of students from Balwadi, Anganwadi and primary schools, Maharashtra Minister of State for Tribal Welfare Rajendra Gavit said.
The scheme will be launched in Palghar on a pilot basis and then extended to various regions in the country, Gavit said. Maharashtra Health Minister Suresh Shetty is already holding preparatory meetings with senior officials in the district to oversee the arrangement for Sonia`s visit.
A mega health camp will also be organised on February 6 and more than 56,000 students from the entire district from fifth to twelfth grade will undergo medical check-up, he said.
A seven-member team comprising two doctors and nurses will undertake the check up of the students, who will be subjected to medical tests every three months free of cost.
Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Health Minister Suresh Shetty will be present on the occasion.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards