Sonia to launch health programme in Thane on Feb 6
Thane: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will launch a health scheme here on February 6 under a series of programmes to be rolled out countrywide as part of the National Rural Health Mission.
The first programme to be launched in Palghar by the Centre under "Mission Health" will provide medical facilities and equipment for check-up, treatment and surgery of students from Balwadi, Anganwadi and primary schools, Maharashtra Minister of State for Tribal Welfare Rajendra Gavit said.
The scheme will be launched in Palghar on a pilot basis and then extended to various regions in the country, Gavit said. Maharashtra Health Minister Suresh Shetty is already holding preparatory meetings with senior officials in the district to oversee the arrangement for Sonia`s visit.
A mega health camp will also be organised on February 6 and more than 56,000 students from the entire district from fifth to twelfth grade will undergo medical check-up, he said.
A seven-member team comprising two doctors and nurses will undertake the check up of the students, who will be subjected to medical tests every three months free of cost.
Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Health Minister Suresh Shetty will be present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi