Speeding car kills two in Mumbai
Mumbai: A speeding car killed two people and injured four others on Mumbai’s Jogeshwari-Vikhroli link road on Tuesday.
The accident took place on the city’s busy link road at around 11.30 am as the people tried to cross the road, in wake of heavy traffic.
The two dead people include a man and a woman, who died on the spot after the car ran over them, while the other four who were critically injured have been rushed to a local hospital.
Eyewitnesses who saw the accident said that the accident could have been avoided if there was a foot over bridge.
"We feel that it would have been better if there had been a foot over bridge or a signal that would help people to cross the road. The accident could have been avoided as we all love our lives, and there is no protection from the speeding traffic. There were a total of six people; two of them have died. Three or four people are in the hospital. And one person escaped unhurt," said Mahesh, an eyewitness.
Police have arrested the driver of the car, who reportedly works at a local call centre company.
A case is likely to be registered against the driver of the car for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY