Speeding car kills two in Mumbai
Mumbai: A speeding car killed two people and injured four others on Mumbai’s Jogeshwari-Vikhroli link road on Tuesday.
The accident took place on the city’s busy link road at around 11.30 am as the people tried to cross the road, in wake of heavy traffic.
The two dead people include a man and a woman, who died on the spot after the car ran over them, while the other four who were critically injured have been rushed to a local hospital.
Eyewitnesses who saw the accident said that the accident could have been avoided if there was a foot over bridge.
"We feel that it would have been better if there had been a foot over bridge or a signal that would help people to cross the road. The accident could have been avoided as we all love our lives, and there is no protection from the speeding traffic. There were a total of six people; two of them have died. Three or four people are in the hospital. And one person escaped unhurt," said Mahesh, an eyewitness.
Police have arrested the driver of the car, who reportedly works at a local call centre company.
A case is likely to be registered against the driver of the car for rash and negligent driving.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory