Speeding car kills two in Mumbai
Mumbai: A speeding car killed two people and injured four others on Mumbai’s Jogeshwari-Vikhroli link road on Tuesday.
The accident took place on the city’s busy link road at around 11.30 am as the people tried to cross the road, in wake of heavy traffic.
The two dead people include a man and a woman, who died on the spot after the car ran over them, while the other four who were critically injured have been rushed to a local hospital.
Eyewitnesses who saw the accident said that the accident could have been avoided if there was a foot over bridge.
"We feel that it would have been better if there had been a foot over bridge or a signal that would help people to cross the road. The accident could have been avoided as we all love our lives, and there is no protection from the speeding traffic. There were a total of six people; two of them have died. Three or four people are in the hospital. And one person escaped unhurt," said Mahesh, an eyewitness.
Police have arrested the driver of the car, who reportedly works at a local call centre company.
A case is likely to be registered against the driver of the car for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees