Spurned lover attacks girl, stabs himself to death
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spurned lover stabbed himself to death after badly injuring his college mate in suburban Bandra on Saturday.
The 19-year-old victim and the accused Nikhil (22) were studying management at a college here and recently had a break-up.
According to police, Nikhil accosted the girl and her three friends while they were on their way to the classroom this morning. During a heated argument between the two, Nikhil whipped out a knife from his bag and slashed her several times.
Nikhil then stabbed himself around 4-5 times and also slashed his neck.
"Both were rushed to Guru Nanak hospital where Nikhil died during admission. The girl is critical but out of danger," said Deputy Police Commissioner N Chavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16