Spurned lover attacks girl, stabs himself to death
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spurned lover stabbed himself to death after badly injuring his college mate in suburban Bandra on Saturday.
The 19-year-old victim and the accused Nikhil (22) were studying management at a college here and recently had a break-up.
According to police, Nikhil accosted the girl and her three friends while they were on their way to the classroom this morning. During a heated argument between the two, Nikhil whipped out a knife from his bag and slashed her several times.
Nikhil then stabbed himself around 4-5 times and also slashed his neck.
"Both were rushed to Guru Nanak hospital where Nikhil died during admission. The girl is critical but out of danger," said Deputy Police Commissioner N Chavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information