Spurned lover attacks girl, stabs himself to death
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spurned lover stabbed himself to death after badly injuring his college mate in suburban Bandra on Saturday.
The 19-year-old victim and the accused Nikhil (22) were studying management at a college here and recently had a break-up.
According to police, Nikhil accosted the girl and her three friends while they were on their way to the classroom this morning. During a heated argument between the two, Nikhil whipped out a knife from his bag and slashed her several times.
Nikhil then stabbed himself around 4-5 times and also slashed his neck.
"Both were rushed to Guru Nanak hospital where Nikhil died during admission. The girl is critical but out of danger," said Deputy Police Commissioner N Chavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites