Spurned lover attacks girl, stabs himself to death
Mumbai: A 22-year-old spurned lover stabbed himself to death after badly injuring his college mate in suburban Bandra on Saturday.
The 19-year-old victim and the accused Nikhil (22) were studying management at a college here and recently had a break-up.
According to police, Nikhil accosted the girl and her three friends while they were on their way to the classroom this morning. During a heated argument between the two, Nikhil whipped out a knife from his bag and slashed her several times.
Nikhil then stabbed himself around 4-5 times and also slashed his neck.
"Both were rushed to Guru Nanak hospital where Nikhil died during admission. The girl is critical but out of danger," said Deputy Police Commissioner N Chavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof