Surendra Hiranandani still absconding, says CBI
Mumbai: Hiranandani Group director, Surendra
Hiranandani, against whom a look-out notice was issued in
connection with an alleged provident fund scam, is still
absconding, CBI told a special court today.
Opposing the anticipatory bail plea of co-accused
Niranjan Hiranandani, CBI counsel Bharat Badami said "while
Niranjan has appeared before the court, Surendra is still
absconding. These business people are hand in gloves with
corrupt public servants."
Niranjan had approached the sessions court on August 4
after CBI issued a look-out notice against him and Surendra to
all the airports in the country.
The duo has been named as accused in an FIR lodged by CBI
on March 29, 2008 for an alleged fraud of provident fund
Badami said Niranjan and Surendra are direct
beneficiaries of the scam and their custodial interrogation is
required to gather more information.
According to the Anti Corruption wing of CBI, Hiranandani
group had not deposited provident fund of their employees in
The alleged non-payment, as per a report filed by the
Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in its
departmental enquiry, is to the tune of Rs 9.36 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'