Surendra Hiranandani still absconding, says CBI
Mumbai: Hiranandani Group director, Surendra
Hiranandani, against whom a look-out notice was issued in
connection with an alleged provident fund scam, is still
absconding, CBI told a special court today.
Opposing the anticipatory bail plea of co-accused
Niranjan Hiranandani, CBI counsel Bharat Badami said "while
Niranjan has appeared before the court, Surendra is still
absconding. These business people are hand in gloves with
corrupt public servants."
Niranjan had approached the sessions court on August 4
after CBI issued a look-out notice against him and Surendra to
all the airports in the country.
The duo has been named as accused in an FIR lodged by CBI
on March 29, 2008 for an alleged fraud of provident fund
Badami said Niranjan and Surendra are direct
beneficiaries of the scam and their custodial interrogation is
required to gather more information.
According to the Anti Corruption wing of CBI, Hiranandani
group had not deposited provident fund of their employees in
The alleged non-payment, as per a report filed by the
Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in its
departmental enquiry, is to the tune of Rs 9.36 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das