Tahaseen Akhtar Wasim planted Dadar bomb, says Maharashtra ATS
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) which was tightlipped about who planted a bomb at Dadar in Central Mumbai on July 13, 2011, revealed on Monday that it was done by Indian Mujahideen operative Tahaseen Akhtar Wasim.
The ATS revealed Tahaseen alias Monu alias Hasan as the planter of the Dadar bomb, announcing a Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone providing information about him and three others, including elusive Indian Mujahideen`s chief Yasin Bhatkal, allegedly involved in a series of terror cases.
"Tahaseen (23), who hails from Samastipur in Bihar, had planted the bomb at Dadar. He is part of the Indian Mujahideen module from Darbhanga," Maharashtra ATS chief Rakesh Maria said.
On July 13, 2011, the three blasts occurred at Opera House, Zaveri Bazaar, and Dadar West, leaving 27 dead and 130 injured, the ATS said.
A chargesheet of more than 4000 pages was filed in May last year in a special MCOCA court.
Those arrested in the case are Byculla resident Naqi Ahmed Wasi Ahmed Shaikh, Wadala resident Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaque Shaikh, alleged hawala operator from Delhi Kawalnayan Wazirchand Pathreja, Mumbra resident Haroon Rashid Naik and suspected Indian Mujahideen member Mohammad Kafeel Ansari.
The six absconding are all suspected Indian Mujahideen members including its head Mohammad Ahmed Sadibappa alias Yasin Bhatkal, his brother Riyaz Bhatkal, planters Waqas alias Ahmed and Asadulla Akhtar Javed Akhtar alias Tabrez, Muzaffar Kola Shaikh and Tahaseen Akhtar Wasim.
Initially, it was reported that Asadulla Akhtar Javed alias Tabrez and Waqas could be Pakistanis, but it has now been clarified by the ATS that Tabrez was from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
The mystery about where Waqas hails from continues, with the ATS not having details about him.
According to the ATS, Asadullah and Waqas had planted bombs at Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on the fateful day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested