Tanasha case: Bharat Nepali`s aide may be interrogated
Mumbai: Mumbai Police probing the murder case
of Farid Tanasha, a suspected henchman of notorious Chhota
Rajan, is likely to interrogate gangster Bharat Nepali`s
alleged aide, arrested in another murder case and currently
lodged in Arthur Road jail in south Mumbai.
"We suspect Devendra Jagtap of Bharat Nepali gang knows
lots of things about the murder of Tanasha. We may question
him," a Crime Branch official said on condition of anonymity.
Devendra Babu Jagtap alias JD (28) and his two other
aides Pintoo Deoram Dagale (25) and Vinod Yashwant Vichare
(32)- all hired by Nepali - were arrested on February 16 on
charges of gunning down Shahid Azmi, who was the counsel of
Fahim Ansari, acquitted in the 26/11 terror attacks case. The
trio are currently lodged in Arthur Road jail.
However, the official refused to comment whether they
will seek court`s permission and question Devendra briefly in
the jail or ask for his police custody in connection with
Tanasha`s murder case.
Tanasha was shot dead allegedly by two sharp shooters
from a close range inside his house in Tilak Nagar Colony
building at suburban Chembur last week.
Police probing the matter in all possible angle had said
either Nepali might be behind Tanasha`s murder or it was an
outcome of internal rivalry withing the Rajan gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'