Tanasha case: Bharat Nepali`s aide may be interrogated
Mumbai: Mumbai Police probing the murder case
of Farid Tanasha, a suspected henchman of notorious Chhota
Rajan, is likely to interrogate gangster Bharat Nepali`s
alleged aide, arrested in another murder case and currently
lodged in Arthur Road jail in south Mumbai.
"We suspect Devendra Jagtap of Bharat Nepali gang knows
lots of things about the murder of Tanasha. We may question
him," a Crime Branch official said on condition of anonymity.
Devendra Babu Jagtap alias JD (28) and his two other
aides Pintoo Deoram Dagale (25) and Vinod Yashwant Vichare
(32)- all hired by Nepali - were arrested on February 16 on
charges of gunning down Shahid Azmi, who was the counsel of
Fahim Ansari, acquitted in the 26/11 terror attacks case. The
trio are currently lodged in Arthur Road jail.
However, the official refused to comment whether they
will seek court`s permission and question Devendra briefly in
the jail or ask for his police custody in connection with
Tanasha`s murder case.
Tanasha was shot dead allegedly by two sharp shooters
from a close range inside his house in Tilak Nagar Colony
building at suburban Chembur last week.
Police probing the matter in all possible angle had said
either Nepali might be behind Tanasha`s murder or it was an
outcome of internal rivalry withing the Rajan gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi