Telephone operator gang-rape case: Two more witnesses depose
Mumbai: Two more prosecution witnesses today deposed before the Sessions court here in the case related to the gang-rape of an 18-year-old telephone operator at the Shakti Mills compound here on July 31.
Three accused in this case were also allegedly involved in the gangrape of a photojournalist on the same premises on August 22.
"First witness was a person from Chhattisgarh who had provided shelter to the victim and her friend and the second one an independent `panch` witness who was present when one of the accused gave his mobile phone to the police," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.
The victim the telephone operator will depose in the court on Tuesday.
Nikam said that after the incident, the victim and her friend went to Chhattisgarh where the witness who deposed today put them up. They returned here a month later.
The `panch` witness was present when the accused Mohammed Ashfaq Sheikh handed over his mobile phone to the police.
The police arrested Ashfaq Sheikh, Mohamed Kasim Hafiz Sheikh alias Kasim Bangali, Salim Ansari and Vijay Jadhav for gangrape of the telephone operator on July 31.
Trials of both the rape cases are underway simultaneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez