Ten killed in landslide in Maharashtra
Mumbai: At least ten persons were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in coastal Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra in the wee hours on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Harne village in Dapoli
tehsil at around 2 am, police said.
Rescue personnel at the site, about 300 km from here,
have so far removed four bodies from the debris, they said,
adding incessant rains were hampering rescue operations.
The landslide badly damaged two houses in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch