Ten killed in landslide in Maharashtra
Mumbai: At least ten persons were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in coastal Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra in the wee hours on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Harne village in Dapoli
tehsil at around 2 am, police said.
Rescue personnel at the site, about 300 km from here,
have so far removed four bodies from the debris, they said,
adding incessant rains were hampering rescue operations.
The landslide badly damaged two houses in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender