Ten killed in landslide in Maharashtra
Mumbai: At least ten persons were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in coastal Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra in the wee hours on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Harne village in Dapoli
tehsil at around 2 am, police said.
Rescue personnel at the site, about 300 km from here,
have so far removed four bodies from the debris, they said,
adding incessant rains were hampering rescue operations.
The landslide badly damaged two houses in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections