Ten killed in landslide in Maharashtra
Mumbai: At least ten persons were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in coastal Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra in the wee hours on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Harne village in Dapoli
tehsil at around 2 am, police said.
Rescue personnel at the site, about 300 km from here,
have so far removed four bodies from the debris, they said,
adding incessant rains were hampering rescue operations.
The landslide badly damaged two houses in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?