Thackeray hits out at Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Monday hit out at Nationalist Congress Party leader and Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
In an editorial in the party mouthpiece Saamna, Thackeray also defended the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corp (BMC) - controlled by the Shiv Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party combine - against allegations of corruption levelled by Pawar.
"If he has discovered that the BMC is corrupt, then what is he doing about it?" Thackeray demanded to know.
"With what authority can (Ajit) Pawar go around mouthing corruption allegations against the BMC?" the editorial said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!