Thane building collapse: Three builders, photographer arrested
Thane: Four more persons, including three co-owners of the construction firm, were on Monday arrested in connection with the building collapse in Thane district, taking the total number of arrests in the case to 21, police said.
Besides the three builders, namely Naseem Hasam Mehdi Hasan Choudhary (42), Mohamad Ilias Mohamad Hafique Mallik (37) and Abdul Hakim Mohamad Mazid Choudhary (35), who were held, Thane Crime Branch also arrested a photographer-- Vishnu Baburao Ghumre (42), who leaked information about a demolition drive to the developers and accepted a bribe from them.
The police had recovered a diary from the two real estate developers arrested earlier which led to nabbing these three builders, as well as beneficiaries of protection money.
The police is also tracking the movements of another such alleged beneficiary, who is a Deputy Municipal Commissioner, expected to be nabbed soon.
Earlier, the police had arrested 17 people, including a number of civic officials, including Deputy Commissioner Deepak Chavan, the main real estate developers, an NCP civic corporation engineers and a police constable, who have been remanded to police custody upto April 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amid IIFA fever, Hrithik Roshan spends quality time with sons – View pics
- Turkish nationalist's resignation adds to pressure on veteran leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna seeks copy of driver Shyamvar's confessional statement
- SVC seeks ATR from ADC over forest land encroachment in Poonch
- Subramanian Swamy's seeks details of Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT-K