Thane Sarpanch prevented from hoisting national flag?
Thane: A tribal woman Sarpanch was allegedly prevented by some unidentified persons from hoisting national flag at the village office on Independence Day.
In his complaint to district SP (Rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar, the Vasai MLA Vivek Pandit said that Sangita Hilam was not allowed to unfurl the tricolour at her office by a group of people, believed to be the members of Gram Sabha, with whom she was having a dispute over an administrative issue.
Pandit demanded a detailed investigation into the incident and registration of cognisable offence under relevant sections of law.
However, Kinhavali police station inspector informed that the complaint filed earlier by Hilam against six persons was silent on the purported incident and restricted to an administrative issue between her and some Gram Sabha members.
"The complainants did not inform police about any prevention to hoist the national flag," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage