Thane Sarpanch prevented from hoisting national flag?
Thane: A tribal woman Sarpanch was allegedly prevented by some unidentified persons from hoisting national flag at the village office on Independence Day.
In his complaint to district SP (Rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar, the Vasai MLA Vivek Pandit said that Sangita Hilam was not allowed to unfurl the tricolour at her office by a group of people, believed to be the members of Gram Sabha, with whom she was having a dispute over an administrative issue.
Pandit demanded a detailed investigation into the incident and registration of cognisable offence under relevant sections of law.
However, Kinhavali police station inspector informed that the complaint filed earlier by Hilam against six persons was silent on the purported incident and restricted to an administrative issue between her and some Gram Sabha members.
"The complainants did not inform police about any prevention to hoist the national flag," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan