Thane Sarpanch prevented from hoisting national flag?
Thane: A tribal woman Sarpanch was allegedly prevented by some unidentified persons from hoisting national flag at the village office on Independence Day.
In his complaint to district SP (Rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar, the Vasai MLA Vivek Pandit said that Sangita Hilam was not allowed to unfurl the tricolour at her office by a group of people, believed to be the members of Gram Sabha, with whom she was having a dispute over an administrative issue.
Pandit demanded a detailed investigation into the incident and registration of cognisable offence under relevant sections of law.
However, Kinhavali police station inspector informed that the complaint filed earlier by Hilam against six persons was silent on the purported incident and restricted to an administrative issue between her and some Gram Sabha members.
"The complainants did not inform police about any prevention to hoist the national flag," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers