Thane Sarpanch prevented from hoisting national flag?
Thane: A tribal woman Sarpanch was allegedly prevented by some unidentified persons from hoisting national flag at the village office on Independence Day.
In his complaint to district SP (Rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar, the Vasai MLA Vivek Pandit said that Sangita Hilam was not allowed to unfurl the tricolour at her office by a group of people, believed to be the members of Gram Sabha, with whom she was having a dispute over an administrative issue.
Pandit demanded a detailed investigation into the incident and registration of cognisable offence under relevant sections of law.
However, Kinhavali police station inspector informed that the complaint filed earlier by Hilam against six persons was silent on the purported incident and restricted to an administrative issue between her and some Gram Sabha members.
"The complainants did not inform police about any prevention to hoist the national flag," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced