Thane Sub-center of Mumbai University inaugurated
Thane: The Thane sub-centre of the University
of Mumbai, which was inaugurated at the hands of Vice
Chancellor Dr Rajan Welukar, became operational from
During his speech, Welukar said that the new office will
act as a shadow university.
"The governing council had already approved the regional
office and apart from the administrative work, different
courses will also be made available from this Centre," he
The Vice Chancellor thanked Thane Municipal Corporation
for making available land for the campus.
Thane Mayor Ashok Vaiti, MLAs Eknath Shinde, Rajan
Vichare, and Pratap Sarnaik were present on the occasion.
The Thane sub-centre has been planned to facilitate the
students, who would not require to travel to Fort or Kalina
campus for their academic work with University.
The administrative work would also be divided and thus
can become more effective. The courses of the University shall
be initiated at Thane Sub Center in a gradual manner in the
academic interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir