Thane Sub-center of Mumbai University inaugurated
Thane: The Thane sub-centre of the University
of Mumbai, which was inaugurated at the hands of Vice
Chancellor Dr Rajan Welukar, became operational from
During his speech, Welukar said that the new office will
act as a shadow university.
"The governing council had already approved the regional
office and apart from the administrative work, different
courses will also be made available from this Centre," he
The Vice Chancellor thanked Thane Municipal Corporation
for making available land for the campus.
Thane Mayor Ashok Vaiti, MLAs Eknath Shinde, Rajan
Vichare, and Pratap Sarnaik were present on the occasion.
The Thane sub-centre has been planned to facilitate the
students, who would not require to travel to Fort or Kalina
campus for their academic work with University.
The administrative work would also be divided and thus
can become more effective. The courses of the University shall
be initiated at Thane Sub Center in a gradual manner in the
academic interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured