Thane Sub-center of Mumbai University inaugurated
Thane: The Thane sub-centre of the University
of Mumbai, which was inaugurated at the hands of Vice
Chancellor Dr Rajan Welukar, became operational from
During his speech, Welukar said that the new office will
act as a shadow university.
"The governing council had already approved the regional
office and apart from the administrative work, different
courses will also be made available from this Centre," he
The Vice Chancellor thanked Thane Municipal Corporation
for making available land for the campus.
Thane Mayor Ashok Vaiti, MLAs Eknath Shinde, Rajan
Vichare, and Pratap Sarnaik were present on the occasion.
The Thane sub-centre has been planned to facilitate the
students, who would not require to travel to Fort or Kalina
campus for their academic work with University.
The administrative work would also be divided and thus
can become more effective. The courses of the University shall
be initiated at Thane Sub Center in a gradual manner in the
academic interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'